Lewis James Professional
Market and Liquidity Risk Manager
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Market and Liquidity Risk Manager for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Routinely meet with the respective business units that own market, interest rate, and liquidity risks.
- Participate in related governance committees and/or working groups.
- Perform deep-dives into the business unit’s processes, controls, methodologies, and assumptions as it relates to market risk, liquidity risk, and capital adequacy providing escalation if necessary.
- Implement independent analysis of the business unit’s measurement of market, liquidity, and capital adequacy risk impacts and sensitivities.
- Provide oversight of business unit’s internal controls over processes and procedures as it pertains to market and liquidity risks.
- Understand industry/peer best practices risk management processes and procedures as it pertains to market and liquidity risk.
- Work collaboratively with other risk functions (Credit, Operational, Compliance, Strategic) where business unit risk intersect.
- Bachelor (4-year college) degree.
- Prefer individual with at least 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of banking and financial markets and associated regulations as it pertains to an institution’s asset and liability management function, liquidity and capital risk management, investments, and market risk.
- Experience with ALM platforms.
- Experience with SAS, SQL, R, or Python, and emerging technologies in the market/liquidity risk use-case is a plus.
- Strong financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills to interact within Risk, Line 1 functions, and governance committees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_4023. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_4023. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V