Lewis James Professional
Accounting Policy Manager
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an Accounting Policy Manager for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Lead implementation of new accounting standards, evaluating effects on current business and accounting processes and procedures.
- Responsibility for documentation of accounting standards adoption.
- Develop accounting guidance and documentation for new business strategies and proposed transactions.
- Oversee presentations for management regarding impacts of technical accounting issues and new accounting standards.
- Review of financial statements for compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting Requirements.
- Monitor and report for emerging accounting issues and standards.
- Development and maintenance of internal accounting policies.
- Preparation of periodic documentation for technical accounting topics (e.g., Variable Interest Entities, SAB 108).
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting Requirements.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Ability to research issues within accounting standards codification and available interpretations.
- Ability to translate technical accounting requirements into transactional level support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand business economics and related accounting processes.
- Prior audit and internal control experience is desirable.
- Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience in Public Accounting or Public Company Corporate Accounting Department is also desirable.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_4035. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_4035. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V