Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an Accounting Manager for a direct-hire opportunity located in Atlanta, Georgia. The Accounting Manager will prepare and analyze the financial results for approximately 5-7 operating entities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the operating entities and strengthen related business acumen.
- Manage relationships and coordinate with the key contracts at the operating entities
- Execute month end closing activities for the operating entities, including account reconciliations, journal entries, roll-forwards, and various monthly analysis.
- Support the accounting team and business to monitor and resolve issues encountered to comply with established due dates
- Perform fluctuation analysis of actual results and analysis of variance to budget for the operating entities and summarize / communicate results.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting for senior management
- Assist in identifying adjusted EBITDA add-backs for external reporting bank covenant compliance requirements across the operating entities
- Provide coaching, leadership, and mentoring to staff accountants
- Identify process gaps and enhancements to improve timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Lead process improvements and improve areas of efficiency across the team
- Contribute to improvement of internal control environment and assist to establish and execute remediation plan for any ineffective key controls
- Coordinate with Manager of Systems to improve utilization of financial accounting systems and automation opportunities to increase productivity which optimizes data efficiency and quality
- Ensure proper recognition of revenue, including recognition of revenue for multi-element arrangements and deferred revenue
- Provide overall technical accounting guidance and assist in documenting position papers
- Assist with the integration, purchase accounting, and reporting of newly acquired operating entities
- Support the preparation and coordination of the interim and year-end audit requests from the external auditors
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Strong accounting skills coupled with both, an operational and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong oral and written communication skills to convey information clearly and persuasively
- Entrepreneurial with a self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to assess and understand issues at both the macro and micro levels; and ability to communicate these issues to leadership and direct reports
- Very strong drive, dedication, and work ethic
- Extremely team-oriented with the ability to collaborate and contribute
- Dedicated to coaching and career development of team personnel
- Strong sense of ethics
- An open communicator, intellectually curious, inquisitive and not afraid to challenge when appropriate
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2564. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2564. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.