Lewis James Professional
Accounts Receivable Accountant
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Accountant for a direct-hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Ensure proper recognition of revenue, including recognition of revenue for multi-element arrangements and deferred revenue
- Perform monthly bad debt analysis and calculate bad debt reserve
- Assist operating companies with invoice creation and remittance, and new customer setup in accounting system
- Apply cash payments within accounting system accurately and timely
- Manage customer questions and feedback through accounts receivable inbox
- Assist with monthly collections process
- Execute other daily and month end closing activities related to accounts receivable functions, including maintaining accounts receivable / deferred revenue reconciliations, recording journal entries, and various monthly analysis.
- Work with other staff accountants to ensure that all monthly accounting and general ledger requirements are completed timely and accurately.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and operational efficiencies within the accounts receivable process
- Support the preparation and coordination of the interim and year-end audit requests from the external auditors.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of industry Accounting experience strongly preferred, with a mix of industry/public accounting experience a plus
- Experience in payments and/or SaaS preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Strong problem-solver with high attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to, Sage Intacct, Blackline, Kyriba, Concur, Bill.com, and Mineral Tree.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel (must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets) – ability to write macros or perform more complex data analytics a huge plus
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2456. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2456. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed