Lewis James Professional
AML/BSA Alerts Analyst Sr.
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an AML/BSA Alerts Analyst Sr for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Analyzes account transactional activity that may appear unusual in order to set reasonable customer dispositions of the transaction levels for monitoring purposes.
- Performs an analysis of accounts identified by the AML monitoring software system. Conducts research using various sources including in-house systems, the Internet and other public sources, and discussions with Bank associates to reasonably determine if the activity is commensurate with the account-type or a probable basis for the activity can be established.
- Collects and documents customer due diligence. Reports suspicious activity detected during monitoring to management in accordance with established procedures.
- Refers cases to BSA Investigators or other appropriate team member for further review as needed. Ensures that all requests for information related to account activity are recorded and filed as appropriate.
- Collects department logs and reports to conduct BSA/AML reviews and reporting. Ensures deadlines for BSA related report submission are met. Adheres to strict BSA related standards set forth by the Bank.
- Provides moderate guidance and responds to daily inquiries from other team members and management regarding alert dispositions and reviews, as required.
- Assists in conducting quality control reviews of completed alert dispositions to ensure high quality standards are met and adhered to in the review process.
- Adheres to confidentiality policy, code of ethics and follows all policies and procedures relative to applicable laws and regulations and best practice recommendations.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise, and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret Federal and State banking regulations related to BSA/AML guidelines Proficiency using applicable programs, systems, and databases.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to write reports and business correspondence.
- 5+ years of related work experience with an emphasis on BSA compliance and due diligence in accordance with KYC, CIP, ML/BSA guidelines.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2638. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2638. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V