Lewis James Professional
Assistant Corporate Controller
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an Assistant Corporate Controller for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Support the Chief Accounting Officer & Controller with accounting-related functions including monthly reporting and account reconciliations, monthly consolidations, journal entry review, accounting analysis, application of complex accounting standards and completion of bank regulatory reports.
- Supervise the financial accounting and financial reporting processes for regulatory filings, monthly accounting consolidations, and certain account reconciliations, and ensure monthly consolidations are complete and accurate.
- Conduct accounting research and collaborate with team members to ensure all financial reporting complies with US GAAP or appropriate regulatory accounting standards.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Financial Reporting in researching technical accounting matters, reviewing and approving accounting policy positions and implementing new accounting standards and technical accounting issues.
- Oversee the accounting for more complex areas including, but not limited to, stock compensation, CECL, mortgage servicing rights, derivatives, business combinations, incentive plans and healthcare accruals.
- Serve as the finance function’s primary liaison with risk and compliance units in the organization and primary point of contact for internal and external auditors.
- Assist in research and analysis of regulatory reporting matters and capital analysis.
- Bachelor Degree or the equivalent experience. Specialty: Accounting.
- 7 or more years public accounting or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 3 or more years banking or financial services.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3416. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3416. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V