Lewis James Professional
Bankruptcy Specialist Senior
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Bankruptcy Specialist Senior for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Receive and validate new bankruptcy notifications and sets up in the collection system.
- Responsible for monitoring and updating accounts in all chapters of bankruptcy.
- Analyze accounts to determine the optimal course of action, while ensuring accounts are handled in full compliance with bankruptcy laws and company policies.
- Maintain current, advanced knowledge of bankruptcy law, FDCPA, FCRA and policies and procedures, both internal and legal.
- Process all bankruptcy related documentation, either manually or electronically, including but not limited to filing of Proof Of Claims and Reaffirmations.
- Prepare account maintenance forms for monetary and non-monetary transactions.
- Process receipt of direct or trustee supplied payments and monitors payment plans on an ongoing basis.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years job related work experience Certification(s):
- This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT).
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with collection system software.
- Advanced knowledge of bankruptcy law, FDCPA, FCRA and bankruptcy policies and procedures.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3766. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3766. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V