Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Collections Representative I for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Collect delinquent accounts in a timely, orderly and professional manner while following all standardized collections procedures.
- Make supervisor aware of problem accounts that may result in repossession, foreclosure, or charge-off.
- Meet performance expectations for collection efforts for assigned accounts based upon individual goals and objectives, e.g., a minimum calls per day, contact percentage, promises/calls ratio, promises kept.
- Place or receive calls in priority order as established by management.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with clients to cure delinquency, evaluating ability and willingness to pay.
- Navigate and interpret various screens and relay information to clients accurately and professionally.
- Determine cause of delinquency and best course of action to assist delinquent customer.
- Document all collection efforts for each assigned account in accordance with established procedures, which may include using action and reaction codes, rescheduling feature, scratch pad entries, etc. in the collection system.
- Communicate collection efforts to branch lenders on assigned accounts in accordance with established standards, if applicable.
- Order updated credit bureau report or initiate skip tracing process in accordance with established standards.
- Review files from Loan Services in accordance with established standards, if applicable.
- Initiate deferrals on accounts based upon written policy guidelines.
- Communicate regularly with collections supervisor on status of problem accounts in accordance with established standards.
- Ensure that all delinquent accounts and assigned queues have been thoroughly worked according to standardized collection procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate letters are sent to debtors.
- Process customers payments through electronic draft, if applicable.
- Process account maintenance transactions according to established guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3207. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3207. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V