Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Commercial Paralegal for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Assist the Legal Department in loan documentation reviews and activities related to closing of commercial loans.
- Review and respond to loan documentation, including drafting, reviewing, and revising custom language in loan documents, and answering substantive questions.
- Review commercial loan documentation prepared by outside counsel to confirm that it conforms to bank policies.
- Coordinate outside counsel and required due diligence, communicates the Bank’s policies regarding loan documentation and due diligence to outside counsel.
- Provide guidance to outside counsel, when requested.
- Assist with drafting and updating policies regarding due diligence and loan documentation prepared by outside counsel, addressing audit findings and reporting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in conducting appropriate legal research in response to legal inquiries.
- Draft, review, revise, and negotiate a variety of legal documents under the guidance of attorneys in the Legal Department.
- Provide guidance and assistance to closing services staff regarding the interpretation of corporate due diligence documents, loan documentation and language issues.
- Seek Legal Department guidance as appropriate.
- Participate in training the closing services staff, sales teams and recommending relevant topics for ongoing training.
- Conduct and or coordinate training sessions.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent experience.
- Paralegal Certification.
- 5 or more years commercial lending paralegal responsibilities.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3287. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3287. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V