Lewis James Professional
Consumer Loan Processor
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Consumer Loan Processor for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Process and decision credit applications and assess risk of applicants consistent with Loan Processing policies and client. Underwrite consistent with our fraud processes, applying override rules and adjudicating the correct promotions for the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and approving credit under the correct advance rates.
- Ensure all personal and dealer information is logged onto the system correctly and accurately with a high attention to detail.
- Adjudicate credit decision within service level agreement (SLA) time range of receipt of application or request additional information.
- Field and service dealer/customer client questions relating to underwriting, operational or procedural details including promotional offerings, policies, incentives, lien perfection and other general information.
- Provide various direct mailings of current programs to dealers, as needed, in an effort to develop relationships.
- Carry out dealer penetration and relationship building campaign initiatives through tele-consulting, dealer meetings and open houses.
- Maintain working knowledge of the products that Sheffield finances and knowledge of manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRPs).
- Assist management and other departments, on an as needed basis, with periodic operational, clerical, regulatory and customer service initiatives which do not violate separation of duties principles.
- Initiative dealer service call activities to allocated dealer group, in accordance with departmental campaigns, call goals and expectations.
- Assist in managing fraud and mitigating Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) risk by following approved policies.
- Follow underwriting and scorecard processes to include properly documenting accounts, using the correct mitigating factors when adjudicating credit.
- Correctly calculate long-term value (LTV) and advance rates under OEM approved guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong decision making and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Retail finance experience particularly indirect space
- Advanced computer skills
- Sales experience
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2665. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2665. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V