Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Controller for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Review and reconcile various data and accounts contained in the Bank’s general ledgers and various financial reports to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of recorded financial transactions.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closes.
- Acts as the liaison between the accounting department and other departments to resolve problems and/or responds to inquiries regarding general ledger and/or accounting related questions.
- Oversee and review work and provide support and direction to the accounting staff.
- Prepare the Bank’s monthly financial statement packages and other financial related reports
- Manage and processe daily liquidity activity.
- Calculate Federal income tax and State taxes for month-end close, book the general ledger entries and maintain the deferred tax asset inventory.
- Manage and prepare the investment entries, maintenance and reconciliation of the Bank’s investment portfolio between the general ledger and investment statement.
- Coordinate the preparation and filing of the quarterly tax payment estimates and annual tax returns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance Required
- MBA or CPA Preferred
- 5+ years Financial and Accounting Management required
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts (GAAP) and control requirements, especially for transactions of financial institutions.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience working with general ledger, human resources/payroll, fixed asset and investment accounting systems.
- Experience with corporate income tax accounting and tax form preparation and filing.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels of Bank staff, as well as with outside auditors and regulators.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and general knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook and Word.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2619. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2619. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V