Lewis James Professional
Core Technology Manager
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Core Technology Manager for a direct-hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Manages and directs the development, implementation, integration and ongoing maintenance of all core systems, including mainframe and server environments.
- Provides expert counsel and advice to technical staff in troubleshooting and/or resolving system problems; often works with new issues that have never occurred before, and provides counsel to technical staff in finding resolutions. Provides regular updates to senior management on all technical issues.
- Serves as a liaison between bank’s end users, customers, software development staff, and vendors; through deep-seated understanding of information technologies, manages the implementation and integration of vendor processing systems into the bank’s core systems infrastructure. Develops implementation schedules and coordinates with vendors and cross-divisional management.
- Manages all phases and is an expert on all processing of core systems, ensuring continuous access to bank data for internal and external customers.
- Acts as internal consultant to all divisions of the bank, providing technical guidance and recommendations on complex information systems projects, maintaining full technical knowledge of core systems through continued education and vendor interactions.
- Maintains and implements operational components of the business units' Business Continuity Plan: conducts periodic tests, cross trains and evaluates delegates' ability to perform critical and essential functions to restore operations.
- Coordinates the annual disaster recovery testing; works with business units to make sure critical systems are brought online at the Fairbanks isolated network for testing. Documents results, and reports the findings to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Manages employees in assigned units or section. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and recommending terminating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required, and six years progressively responsible experience in a mainframe computer environment; two years management or supervisory experience; four years’ experience working in the financial industry.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required, and eight years progressively responsible experience in a mainframe computer environment; four years management or supervisory experience; data processing within the banking industry and experience managing a Unisys MCP system; four years’ experience working in the financial industry.
- Understanding of mainframes and peripheral devices required.
- Understanding of various hardware devices, super PCs, printers, Windows server applications, and modems required; knowledge of VMWare, Citrix, RDS, Windows O/S server, banking applications, and SAN/NAS disk and networking experience preferred.
- Experience managing an FTP/SFTP environment required. Working knowledge of commonly used protocols such as FTP, SSH and TCP/IP required.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2614. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2614. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V