Lewis James Professional
Customer Risk Specialist III
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Customer Risk Specialist III for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Prepare and support recommendations to escalate potential unusual activity.
- Conduct full investigations including SAR recommendations, and drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual.
- Provide guidance and respond to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Identification Program (CIP) due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate.
- Assist as needed in conducting Inherently High Risk (IHR) new account reviews, 180-day new account risk assessments as well as any additional relationships referred that may or may not meet the High Risk/High Profile Customer criteria (e.g. reviews of Foreign PEPs, MSB Agents, ATM Owners, NGOs).
- Apply research and risk methodology to assess customers for BSA risk and recommends risk rating assignments.
- Retrieve and review financial transactions to identify activity commensurate with customer relationships that pose a higher financial risk exposure to the bank with emphasis on money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Identify customer records that require further review and takes action to obtain and follow-up on attaining the information and/or documentation requested.
- Interact with line-of-business contacts to understand client behavior and communicate activity of interest and/or concern and recommend CIP updates, as necessary.
- Apply knowledge of risks, patterns and trends related to money laundering and terrorist financing that may pose a higher risk to the bank when conducting initial and/or periodic risk assessments.
- Notify management about adverse media findings and/or account relationships that may pose financial and/or reputational risk factors to the Bank and takes appropriate steps including preparing recommendations for closure of accounts.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of related banking experience with emphasis on BSA Compliance and enhanced due diligence in accordance with KYC, CIP, and AML/BSA guidelines.
- Proficient knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Federal and State Banking Regulations Proficiency using applicable programs, systems, and databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to write reports and business correspondence.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.