Lewis James Professional
Customer Risk Specialist III
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Customer Risk Specialist III for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Performs Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on current, new and/or potential customers that may present a higher tier of risk to the bank.
- Performs Customer Risk Periodic Reviews (i.e. High Profile and Special Risk reviews) including international and complex relationships.
- Prepares and adequately supports recommendations to escalate potential unusual activity.
- Capable of conducting full investigations including SAR recommendations, and drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual.
- Provides guidance and respond to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Identification Program (CIP) due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate.
- Assists as needed in conducting Inherently High Risk (IHR) new account reviews, 180-day new account risk assessments as well as any additional relationships referred that may or may not meet the High Risk/High Profile Customer criteria (e.g. reviews of Foreign PEPs, MSB Agents, ATM Owners, NGOs).
- Retrieves and reviews financial transactions to identify activity commensurate with customer relationships that pose a higher financial risk exposure to the bank with emphasis on money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Identifies customer records that require further review and takes action to obtain and follow-up on attaining the information and/or documentation requested.
- Interacts with line-of-business contacts to understand client behavior and communicate activity of interest and/or concern and recommend CIP updates, as necessary.
- Notifies management about adverse media findings and/or account relationships that may pose financial and/or reputational risk factors to the Bank and takes appropriate steps including preparing recommendations for closure of accounts.
- Assists management with preparation, research and response during audit and examinations.
- Assists management with other activities such as project implementation, management reporting, and other special projects that are system related or involve special reviews. Identifies and recommends possible enhancements to department processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of related banking experience with emphasis on BSA Compliance and enhanced due diligence in accordance with KYC, CIP, and AML/BSA guidelines.
- Proficient knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Federal and State Banking Regulations Proficiency using applicable programs, systems, and databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to write reports and business correspondence.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Financial services/banking industry experience, preferred.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2660. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2660. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V