Lewis James Professional
Customer Risk Specialist III
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Customer Risk Specialist III for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Performs Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on current, new and/or potential customers that may present a higher tier of risk to the bank.
- Performs Customer Risk Periodic Reviews (i.e. High Profile and Special Risk reviews) including international and complex relationships.
- Prepares and adequately supports recommendations to escalate potential unusual activity.
- Capable of conducting full investigations including SAR recommendations, and drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual.
- Provides guidance and respond to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Identification Program (CIP) due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate.
- Assists as needed in conducting Inherently High Risk (IHR) new account reviews, 180-day new account risk assessments as well as any additional relationships referred that may or may not meet the High Risk/High Profile Customer criteria.
- Applies research and risk methodology to assess customers for BSA risk and recommends risk rating assignments.
- Retrieves and reviews financial transactions to identify activity commensurate with customer relationships that pose a higher financial risk exposure to the bank with emphasis on money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Identifies customer records that require further review and takes action to obtain and follow-up on attaining the information and/or documentation requested.
- Interacts with line-of-business contacts to understand client behavior and communicate activity of interest and/or concern and recommend CIP updates, as necessary.
- Applies knowledge of risks, patterns and trends related to money laundering and terrorist financing that may pose a higher risk to the bank when conducting initial and/or periodic risk assessments.
- Notifies management about adverse media findings and/or account relationships that may pose financial and/or reputational risk factors to the Bank and takes appropriate steps including preparing recommendations for closure of accounts.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Federal and State Banking Regulations Proficiency using applicable programs, systems, and databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to write reports and business correspondence.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Financial services/banking industry experience.
- 5+ years of related banking experience with emphasis on BSA Compliance and enhanced due diligence in accordance with KYC, CIP, and AML/BSA guidelines.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2632. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2632. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V