Lewis James Professional
Database Developer II
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Database Developer II for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Designs, develops, tests and troubleshoots applicable software packages that implement complex ETL processes in accordance with business requirements and service level agreements.
- Works with application developers, business partners, management and Data Warehouse team. delivers quality data integration projects, standards, best practices and data dictionary.
- Develops ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds. Develops and documents systems, processes and logic required to expose existing data sets in the warehouse to end users for reporting and analytical purposes.
- Monitors ETL applications for performance and improvement opportunities. Ensures quality, consistency and security of company data systems. Troubleshoots and diagnoses complex software problems. Conducts packaging, release and change management.
- Communicates open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and business areas. Review’s requirements, architecture and design components of ongoing and upcoming Tier 2 and 3 projects. Participates in code review sessions.
- Keeps informed of tools, techniques and components utilized in the industry through research and applies this knowledge to system(s) being developed.
- Mentors less experienced team members as needed and appropriate.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions utilizing applicable software products OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of metadata and using/managing metadata.
- Understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC), software best practices and development methodologies.
- Strong technologist with excellent data analysis, ETL and Microsoft Transact-SQL skills.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Skill in database design and development.
- Skill in developing and organizing high-quality documentation.
- Skill managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill troubleshooting issues in a multi-tier environment.
- Skill working with both business team members and technologists.
- Leadership skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Database
- Administrator (MCDBA), or a Business Intelligence designation.
- Knowledge of data modeling and data warehousing and star-schema (dimensional) data.
- Knowledge of various databases such as MySQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as C# and VB.Net.
- Knowledge of System DBA.
- Banking industry experience.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2634. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2634. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V