Lewis James Professional
Database Developer, Sr.
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Database Developer, Sr. for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Design, develop, test and troubleshoot applicable software packages that implement complex ETL processes in accordance with business requirements and service level agreements.
- Extend the data model to house additional structures as needed to meet applicable regulatory requirements. Design data warehouse or data mart fact tables, aggregate tables, and dimensions. Deliver quality data integration projects, standards, best practices and data dictionary.
- Develop ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds. Develop and document systems, processes and logic required to expose existing data sets in the warehouse to end users for reporting and analytical purposes.
- Monitor ETL applications for performance and improvement opportunities. Ensure quality, consistency and security of company data and data warehouse systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose complex software problems. Conducts packaging, release and change management.
- Review requirements, architecture and design components of ongoing and upcoming Tier 1 projects. Conduct and manage code review sessions between developers to review applicable software programs and packages, stored procedures, and views.
- Mentor less experienced database / ETL developers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Six years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions utilizing applicable software products and experience working with data warehousing and data marts OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with data modeling and designing databases.
- Knowledge of metadata, and using/managing metadata.
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC), software best practices and development methodologies.
- Understanding of building data warehouses for analytical and business intelligence solutions.
- Excellent data analysis and ETL skills.
- Strong architecture/design/development skills.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Skill in developing and organizing high-quality documentation.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2936. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2936. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V