Lewis James Professional
Human Resources Director
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Human Resources Director for a direct-hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Leads the design and development of Human Resources Management (HRM) by Human Resources functional managers, recommends strategic configuration and processes to support the bank’s business strategy, competitive position in the market to enable the bank to better compete for, and retain key talent.
- Demonstrates strategic HRM planning to forecast the bank’s future needs and human resources needs; prepares annual budget for the HRM functions and manages within approved budget. Develops and directs short and long-range planning of HRM programs.
- Administers bank’s overall compensation and employee benefits programs; ensures regular, organization-wide performance feedback, linking compensation directly to performance.
- Develops relationships with community and professional organizations, government and private agencies, and with other human resource professionals; represents the bank in interaction with public and government agencies regarding personnel and employment issues; manages and inspects reports to governmental entities for accuracy and completeness. Proactively builds and develops quality relationships with peers, subordinates, superiors, vendors, regulators, key contacts – including customers, prospective customers and centers of influence, and other associates and leaders within the community and the state.
- Maintains close working relationship with members of senior management and provides HR and workforce analysis to ensure communications about key personnel issues are delivered to their delegates.
- Directs the development and consistent implementation of HRM policies and practices throughout the bank, recommending techniques to senior management for uniform administration; provides oversight and guidance in the interpretation of personnel policies and programs. Ensures all major efforts under his/her responsibility are successfully executed efficiently and cost-effectively, achieving the highest quality outcome(s) for the Bank, mitigating risk(s) and minimizing negative impact(s).
- Monitors department procedures to ensure current federal, state and local governmental regulations and bank policy are compliant; implements organizational communication regarding necessary changes. Ensures understanding of the impact of work area processes and outcomes across the organization, including upstream and downstream – not just at the highest level –through proactive communication, outreach and collaboration.
- Monitors the effectiveness of HRM programs and alerts Senior Management to difficulties encountered in attaining and maintaining compliance with established policies and current legal requirements.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, personnel management or related field and eight years progressively responsible experience in an HR function; or 12 years progressively responsible experience in an H.R. function; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Working knowledge of current salary administration, benefits, payroll, recruiting, training and employee relations regulations and practices; banking experience. Preferred: In addition to minimums, previous experience in full function management with budget responsibility.
- Word processing and spreadsheet software experience required; experience with Payroll and HRIS systems preferred.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2647. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2647. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V