Lewis James Professional
IT Developer Senior
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a IT Developer Senior for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Assist junior staff members and works with other developers and production Database Administrators to ensure scalable, efficient and optimized solutions.
- Work closely with customers, management, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Design, develop, maintain, and improve data structures, queries, reporting solutions, extract-transform-load (ETL) processes and data warehousing strategies for all mission critical projects.
- Ensure solutions are aligned with business and Information Technology strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
- Work on multiple, moderately complex, enterprise-wide projects requiring technical expertise.
- Participate in systems and data analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and production support.
- Assist in the development of project scope and serves as a project point of contact when necessary.
- Participate in project-planning sessions with customers, business analysts, and team members to analyze development requirements, provide design recommendations for complex systems, and recommend methods and assignments.
- Conduct unit tests ensuring systems meet the needs of customer and line-of-business based on technical documentation.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of web applications and/or client/server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects.
- Manage unresolved production support issues across multiple areas of expertise.
- Provide design recommendations, develops application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces.
- Make modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with technical specifications and division standards.
- Review efforts to ensure compliance to application standards.
- Follow documented and approved Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process and makes recommendations toward the development of reusable routines or components, including object-oriented base class reuse.
- Translate business and technical requirements into cross-functional business application systems, providing custom integration solutions, including major system enhancements.
- Collaborate with team members in setting development guidelines.
- Provide application support as needed during regular and after hours.
- Remain informed and proficient regarding applicable industry technical innovations, trends, standards and new developments.
- Maintain current skills and remains knowledgeable regarding new tools and computer languages as applicable.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
- Raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of related experience including data design and project management, using multiple programing languages, and using and managing metadata
- Knowledge of data modeling and designing databases.
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC), software best practices and development methodologies.
- Strong technologist with excellent data analysis and ETL skills.
- Knowledge of various databases such as MySQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as C# and VB.Net.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Governance.
- Knowledge of System DBA.
- Understanding of multiple programming languages, systems, as well as data design and project management methodologies.
- Understanding of building data warehouses for analytical and business intelligence solutions.
- Understanding of business solutions that the data warehouse serves.
- Skill in developing and organizing high-quality documentation.
- Skill troubleshooting issues in a multi-tier environment.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3185. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3185. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V