Lewis James Professional
IT Engineer II
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an IT Engineer II for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Support activities related to ensuring the overall health and modernization of organization-wide Information Technology system.
- Provide support to internal lines of business across the technology infrastructure including analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, and maintenance of hardware, software, networking, and security for a variety of systems.
- Troubleshoot issues, makes recommendations, and responds to and solves incidents and customer requests based on standard operating procedures and runbooks.
- Assist with system design reviews and software testing.
- Provide input on moderately complex projects, occasionally serving as a subject-matter-expert.
- Support and deploy vendor software and packages.
- Modify and/or debug vendor-supplied utilities and packages.
- Monitor system capacity and performance using a broad set of tools.
- Provide technical support to various departments and users.
- Identify troublesome trends and develops plans designed to resolve issues and prevent recurrences.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area.
- This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
- Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting a variety of technologies and functions.
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and general knowledge of multiple technical disciplines.
- Understanding of software development life cycle and various components that make up the software pipeline.
- Scripting skills.
- Understanding of Windows server and Linux distros (RedHat preferred).
- Understanding of a variety of network and security protocols.
- Knowledge of a variety of technologies and protocols.
- Ability to quickly shift between technology stacks.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3203. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3203. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V