Lewis James Professional
Loan Operations Consultant
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Loan Operations Consultant for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of workflows for all stages of document preparation, closing, file documentation, and collateral management.
- Ensures daily operations are conducted timely, efficiently, accurately and competently.
- Designs and administers systems and procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Communicates with bank department managers to promote efficient and correct workflows.
- Oversees loan file structure and documentation processing procedures.
Maintains and demonstrates proficiency with loan software applications, including utilizing to the fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, and ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Ensures effective communication and excellent service of the department to staff, vendors, and customers. Sets the positive and productive tone for the department.
- Works with project owners to analyze, prepare, and train for periodic updates to system software, and verify that enhancements are working correctly.
- Leads internal projects and working sessions, prepare and present presentations to Executive Management.
- Prepares and provides applicable reports to staff and management.
- Oversees the supervision of loan document preparation to ensure all loans are being processed in a timely and proper manner and are processed under established regulations and bank policies and procedures.
- Supervises the process of maintaining mortgage warehouse line notes and Allonges.
- Supervises the process collateral review of mortgage loans being purchased by the bank.
- Oversees and ensures the training and development of staff to ensure bank policies and procedures are being followed and most efficient methods are being utilized.
- Reviews new regulations, policies, and procedures and ensures they are implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance (or related field) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 8- 10 years in leading/managing Financial Institution loan operations (commercial real estate, construction, commercial loans, consumer loans, residential mortgages).
- Experience working on transformation initiatives end-to-end, delivering business objectives through design (digital-led), systems implementation and operating model process change
- Experience in re-engineering processes, end-to-end process mapping, diagnosing business imperatives and driving change
- Experience in Online Lending processing.
- Hands-on experience in data analytics and leveraging them to drive transformation objectives preferred
- Accountable for the understanding of and adherence to operational controls, policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with bank policies and related laws and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate methods for interacting sensitively, effectively, and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds, and persons of all ages and lifestyle preferences.
- Knowledge of consumer, commercial, and mortgage loan processing documentation, processes, and compliance.
- Knowledge of TRID, HMDA, SOX, BSA/AML, escrow, open-end credit, flood, Reg B, and online payments processes and compliance from inception through completion.
- Strong working knowledge of commercial and consumer loan underwriting disciplines, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel with the ability to learn other software applications.
- Skill in adopting technological advancements and facilitating into current and future responsibilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner.
- Skill in analyzing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problems and decide on courses of action.
- Great organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and detail-oriented duties.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2627. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2627. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V