Lewis James Professional
Manager, State Taxes
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Manager, State Taxes for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Manage the state tax effective rate computation and coordinate with the tax accounting team for monthly, quarterly, and annual tax provision support.
- Oversee state and local income taxes, franchise taxes, equity taxes, shares taxes, indirect taxes, and property taxes using internal and external resources.
- In charge of state tax return compliance and insure timely and accurate tax payments, application/requests of refunds, and return filings.
- Respond to state tax correspondence and resolve issues.
- Assist in developing tax efficient business plans and in obtaining state and local tax credits.
- Manage state issues related to mergers and acquisitions along with state and local tax audit examinations.
- Develop policies and procedures to improve the efficiency and the accuracy of the state income tax return compliance process.
- Monitor and analyze tax law changes and tax regulatory and compliance developments and document the impact to the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years state tax experience in Big 4 public accounting firm, corporate tax department of publicly traded corporation or combination thereof.
- Tax software experience including strong excel skills and analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx, Power Query).
- CPA, JD/LLM or MBA a plus.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3988. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3988. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V