Lewis James Professional
Mortgage Loan Closer – Assistant
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Closer – Assistant for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Assist the Mortgage Lending Closing Disclosure (CD) Specialist/Officer in the review of mortgage loans for closing, which includes reviewing and accepting all loan conditions, uploading all required funding documentation to the e-file, completing a final peer review of the CD/US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-1, and obtaining verification that the borrower is actively employed within ten days of closing (the note date).
- Fund mortgage loans by completing the funding process, which includes verbally confirming with the Settlement Agent (wire instructions, balancing wire amount), releasing the wire (once required funding documentation is received from the CD Specialist), releasing of the funding number to the Settlement Agent upon receipt of required documentation, and ensuring the file is submitted to Post-Closing.
- Adhere to all compliance regulations, as directed.
- Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management in accordance with performance standard expectations.
- Efficiently utilize automated mortgage processing system. Obtain required credit and compliance documentation for assigned files.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in business-related field.
- Previous experience as a Mortgage Lending Closer or equivalent.
- Ability to utilize mortgage automated processing system.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to internal and external clients.
- Good organizational skills and ability to develop solid understanding of underwriting guidelines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
- Basic knowledge of other Bank services and products.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2792. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2792. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V