Lewis James Professional
Mortgage Loan Underwriter – Assistant
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Underwriter – Assistant for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day and month-end/quarter-end general accounting functions to ensure accurate application of revenue recognition accounting
- Answer and respond to inbound employee calls and emails regarding health insurance inquiries.
- Properly document all member and client communications in the email/call routing services tool according to department standards.
- Help resolve member issues.
- Escalate issues of increased complexity, according to department standards, to the applicable internal client service contact.
- HS diploma required.
- Customer service or call center experience is required, preferably in a health insurance carrier or Human Resources environment, with minimum of one a year.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills using proper grammar and appropriate terms is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM preferred.
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and communication skills in a call-center environment including, but not limited to: listening without interrupting, using a clear and audible voice, using an appropriate and inoffensive tone of voice, communicating enthusiastically (when appropriate), using language that is easily understood by the receiving participant, and using the proper rate of speed when speaking.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- HIPAA Certificate must be obtained within one week of hire date (done internally).
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Active Life Agent License is preferred but not required.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2811. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2811. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V