Lewis James Professional
Operations Accounting Manager
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an Operations Accounting Manager for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Execute month end closing activities for the operating entities, including account reconciliations, journal entries, roll-forwards, and various monthly analysis. Support the accounting team and business to monitor and resolve issues encountered to comply with established due dates.
- Perform fluctuation of actual results and variance to budget analysis for the operating entities and summarize / communicate results. Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting for senior management.
- Provide coaching, leadership, and mentoring to staff accountants.
- Identify process gaps and enhancements to improve timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting. Lead process improvements and improve areas of efficiency across the team.
- Ensure proper recognition of revenue, including recognition of revenue for multi-element arrangements and deferred revenue.
- Assist with the integration, purchase accounting, and reporting of newly acquired operating entities.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- 3-5 years of relevant Accounting experience; Big 4 Public Accounting experience required.
- Experience in payments and/or SaaS preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels.
- Strong problem-solver with high attention to detail.
- Experience supervising one or more staff for one or more years highly preferred.
- Knowledge with various systems including, but not limited to, Sage Intacct, Blackline, Kyriba, Concur.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel, required (must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets) – ability to write macros or perform more complex data analytics a huge plus.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2721. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2721. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V