Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Payroll Specialist for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Source data via download or export, review, validate, enter and import payroll and deduction related data into applicable systems as required, transmit direct deposit and payroll files, document activities according to established procedures.
- Prepare more complex payroll reporting including 401(k), quarterly and year-end payroll taxes and filing, annual W-2 forms, update and maintain tax procedures.
- Review and prepare check requests for benefits, deductions, and tax payments, set-up wage garnishment orders and payments, reconcile monthly bank statements and general ledger accounts.
- Research and resolve more complex and escalated employee issues, escalate the most complex issues to management.
- Examine, diagnose and execute testing for broader system issues and upgrades, complete assigned tasks associated with organizational change, mergers and acquisitions.
- Train and advise junior staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Specialty – Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related degree is preferred.
- 4 or more years’ experience in Payroll and/or Accounting.
- Strong Excel experience including vlookups, and formulas.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is extremely important for success in this role.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2971. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2971. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V