Scrum Master (Remote)
Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Scrum Master for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Facilitate and enforce the Agile practices and ceremonies within the assigned team.
- Drive continuous improvement and change for 1-2 Agile teams, acting as a change agent to adapt processes to maximize productivity throughout the project lifecycle.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders, with management direction, to identify and manage impediments and required outcomes of projects for the business.
- Identify Agile team improvement opportunities and look externally for best practices to increase team productivity.
- Ensure everything the Agile team is working on is acknowledged and accounted for in the Product Backlog to protect the team from distractions.
- Manage ‘Work in Progress Limits’ to ensure the team is not working on too many stories/tasks at once and help them start and complete work in a predictable manner.
- Contribute to a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork and ensures timely communication of issues/points of interest.
- Provide thought leadership and/or industry knowledge for Agile execution and participate in capability building for the team and business unit.
- Stay current on emerging trends/developments and build knowledge of the business and Agile-related tools/techniques.
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree.
- Certified Scrum Master and 3+ years of Scrum Master experience
- 7+ years Agile experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of agile theory, methodology, techniques, rules, and practices, estimating/sizing, planning, forecasting, reporting, conflict resolution and facilitation
- Knowledge of current and emerging competitor and market trends
- Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
- Skill in using computer applications including MS Office and industry standard Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3851. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3851. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V