Lewis James Professional
Senior Financial Accountant
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Accountant for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Respond to inquiries and provide analysis of financial information.
- Analyze business and accounting processes for control and efficiency improvements.
- Compile, review, analyze and submit timely and accurate monthly reportin.
- Participate in monthly financial close, monthly forecasting and annual financial planning processes for accuracy and reasonableness, including entries for month-end close, general ledger reconciliations, forecast updates, and Plan development.
- Sustain necessary documentation of source data, ensuring adequate support of data integrity.
- Maintain working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), building expertise related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of business unit processes and procedures.
- Monitor financial performance for specified LOBs to detect unusual or significant changes in business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate with internal and external audits and examinations (responses to External and Regulatory requests are to be made in collaboration with Accounting Policy).
- Assist in risk management governance and business continuity planning processes as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent education and related training.
- Three years of relevant accounting or finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and other basic software products.
- Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2890. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2890. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V