Lewis James Professional
Senior Trust Officer
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Senior Trust Officer for a contract opportunity with a financial service client.
- Review and administer trusts in accordance with the document and governing statutes.
- Analyze and research issues for Investment Advisors, as required.
- Review account documentation and ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Prepare new account openings by reviewing the trust instrument and all necessary documents.
- Correspond with prior trustees to ensure all proper documentation and information is received in order to ensure administrative continuity.
- Prepare instructions and coordinate with Operations to arrange for delivery of assets from prior custodian.
- Prepare account closings by reviewing the necessary account closing documentation.
- Prepare Receipts, Releases, Refunding Agreements and Proposed Distribution Schedules, as needed. Coordinate and follow-up with Operations to ensure proper delivery of assets.
- Conduct at least annual administrative account reviews on all trusts to review risk level, profitability, ensure compliance with governing documents, state law, and tax requirements.
- Collect information from advisors necessary to complete annual administrative review, including but not limited to investment policy statements, beneficiary information and unique asset valuations.
- Process and coordinate fiduciary actions including discretionary distributions, document interpretation, tax compliance and account maintenance in a SunGard AddVantage system.
- Coordinate tax preparation, engagement letters, communication with CPAs, track, review and file tax returns, process tax payments, and process tax preparation fees.
- Prepare Crummey Notices and other required correspondence, requests, reports, etc.
- Maintain all fiduciary and administrative documents and history in an image-based document management system and CRM for each trust relationship for administrative management and continuity.
- Stay current regarding any developments in South Dakota trust law and communicate that information to trust team at NATC and how those developments may affect trust accounts.
- Educate and build relationships with RIAs, their clients and estate planning professionals.
- Additional duties and special projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree and CTFA certification required.
- 7 years’ experience in personal trust administration with a bank or trust company working with accounts in a directed trust environment.
- Strong knowledge of law and trust administration coupled with problem solving and perseverance to bring challenges to resolution.
- Must be able to work in a risk-based culture and have the ability to (i) identify and react to legal and compliance issues, and (ii) work with examiners and be knowledgeable with respect to examination requirements.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy, and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Working independently and being able to effectively organize daily office operations to ensure sufficient handling and processing of information, record keeping, correspondence, and special project work.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2643. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2643. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V