Lewis James Professional
Service Desk Specialist, Lead
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Service Desk Specialist, Lead for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to general IT user problems to ensure user productivity; use technical advice, guidance and informal training to customers through hardware and software programs.
- Configure, install, monitor, and maintain IT users' desktop software and hardware.
- Enhance and develop quality support methods and communication skills through coaching feedback and other developmental courses/programs.
- Assist in the resolution of user and support issues to ensure the timely distribution of knowledge and a positive impact on user satisfaction.
- Log and track calls through the Automatic Call Delivery (ACD) system and enter solution data and problem details into the solutions/ACD database.
- Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, e-mails, and callbacks in a timely and prompt manner, in accordance with established standards and policies.
- Address escalated calls involving dissatisfied or difficult customers. Escalate problems to the appropriate individual or next level of tier support based on established guidelines and procedures.
- High School Diploma or completion of GED. Technical or Associates Degree in a related field/profession is preferred.
- Five (5) years of customer support experience in an IT Help Desk or similar function with an emphasis on providing Tier 1 support.
- Knowledge of the technical specifications of various IT equipment and software packages to include: PC's, printers, scanners, Microsoft Office Solutions, and Microsoft Windows XP and Mac operating systems.
- Broad knowledge of telecommunications, network, and desktop operating system and software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively listen; to include technical and non-technical information.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to derive solutions to typical or unique problems.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2984. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2984. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V