Lewis James Professional
Sr. Tax Accountant
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Sr. Tax Accountant for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Prepare the quarterly/annual tax provision calculations. Gather required information and prepare tax computations required to support the financial statement reporting of income taxes.
- Prepare and maintain schedules tracking and reconciling changes in deferred tax assets and liabilities, reconciling tax cash flows, uncertain tax positions, and tax account balances.
- Maintain tax software. Calculate the company's income tax expense and effective tax rate under various scenarios, and computes and analyzes material changes from expected/forecast results, as well as variances in year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter reporting.
- Assist tax senior management with the reporting of tax matters to internal and external stakeholders. Perform calculations that support quarterly and annual tax disclosures and assists in drafting tax footnote/MD&A in required SEC reports, as well as FDIC call report and other internal tax/capital reporting.
- Perform tax research as required and reports findings to tax management and/or other internal parties.
- Ensure operation of internal controls over the quarterly/annual tax reporting process.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business discipline required.
- 5 years minimum experience in Corporate Taxation and Financial Accounting/Consolidations.
- 4 years corporate tax experience, with strong emphasis on tax accounting
- Experience with OneSource tax provision software Experience in financial reporting for consolidated companies and forecasting process.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar business software.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2981. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2981. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V