Lewis James Professional
State Tax Manager
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a State Tax Manager for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Manages the state tax effective rate computation and coordinates with the tax accounting team for monthly, quarterly, and annual tax provision support.
- Manages state and local income taxes, franchise taxes, equity taxes, shares taxes, indirect taxes, and property taxes through the use of internal and external resources.
- Manages state tax return compliance and insures timely and accurate tax payments, application/requests of refunds, and return filings.
- Responds to state tax correspondence and resolves issues.
- Assists in developing tax efficient business plans and in obtaining state and local tax credits.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years state tax experience in Big 4 public accounting firm, corporate tax department of publicly traded corporation or combination thereof.
- Tax software experience including strong excel skills and analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx, Power Query)
- CPA, JD/LLM or MBA a plus.
- Experience with tax tools, applications, and relevant financial systems (including OneSource Income Tax and OneSource Tax Provision).
- Strong analytic and reasoning ability with the ability to support positions and recommendations in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others on our team (intradepartmental as well as interdepartmental).
- Effective managerial and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects on a timely basis.
- Ability to maintain positive, professional attitude in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3073. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3073. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V