Lewis James Professional
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Determines appropriate contracting vehicle for purchasing (e.g., Purchase Order versus more robust contract) and selects appropriate client templates for transactions. May determine whether vendor paper is appropriate for certain types of transactions.
- Responsible for preparing complex amendments/change orders and project-level contracts (e.g., statements of work) for mid-range transactions, including change orders on project-level contracts.
- Negotiates, interprets, and summarizes contracts accurately and appropriately to mitigate substantial risks related to vendor contracts escalates appropriately. During contract negotiations, makes decisions on contractual matters on behalf of the company as needed.
- Exercises sound judgment in drafting and negotiating appropriate contractual documents to ensure mitigation of risk (financial and regulatory) to the company, escalating matters to an attorney when appropriate.
- Works directly with client stakeholders and the vendor to negotiate certain contracts. Ensures contract terms and conditions align with business needs.
- Develops strong relationships with internal clients, Category Directors/Managers, and vendors.
- 6-8 years of experience in organizational contract management or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain management, including sourcing.
- Ability clearly write contract language with accurate legal terminology. Some work with negotiating the terms of contracts (minimal)
- Ability to identify legal and business issues and risks.
- Ability to interact tactfully with numerous stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize own work load to meet competing deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2554 You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2554. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V