Lewis James Professional
Tactical Sourcing Specialist
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Tactical Sourcing Specialist for a contract opportunity with a financial services client.
- Determine appropriate contracting vehicle for purchasing (e.g., Purchase Order versus more robust contract).
- Responsible for preparing complex amendments/change orders and project-level contracts (e.g., statements of work) for mid-range transactions, including change orders on project-level contracts.
- Negotiate, interpret, and summarize contracts accurately and appropriately to mitigate substantial risks related to vendor contracts escalates appropriately.
- Make decisions on contractual matters on behalf of the company as needed.
- Draft and negotiate appropriate contractual documents to ensure mitigation of risk (financial and regulatory) to the company, escalating matters to an attorney when appropriate.
- Work directly with stakeholders and the vendor to negotiate certain contracts.
- Ensure contract terms and conditions align with business needs, “Key Business Terms,” and standard legal provisions.
- Develop strong relationships with internal clients, Category Directors/Managers, and vendors.
- High School or Equivalent.
- 6-8 years of experience in organizational contract management or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain management, including sourcing.
- Ability clearly write contract language with accurate legal terminology.
- Some work with negotiating the terms of contracts (minimal)
- Ability to identify legal and business issues and risks.
- Ability to interact tactfully with numerous stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3718. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3718. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V