Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Tax Manager for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Lead the Company’s tax compliance efforts, primarily focused on monthly sales and use tax reporting (utilizing Avalara) for consolidated group and underlying entities.
- Maintain and periodically refresh customer sales tax exemption documentation (utilizing Avalara CertCapture) .
- For new acquisitions, lead coordination and project manage new Voluntary Disclosure Agreement (VDA) efforts with external consultants and integrate new companies into the Company’s existing compliance processes.
- Develop and document best practices around new acquisition onboarding/integration into tax portfolio.
- Monitor ongoing financial and regulatory risk from a tax perspective, including periodic reassessment of the Company’s nexus in key states as product offerings and tax legislation evolves.
- Manage relationships and coordinate with the key contracts across other Finance functions, leadership at the operating entities, and third-party consultants who support Company's in tax compliance efforts.
- Provide coaching, leadership, and mentoring to Tax staff accountants (1-2 staff).
- Identify process gaps and enhancements to increase efficiency, accuracy, and automation of tax reporting processes, and lead process improvements.
- Lead coordination and serve as primary project management resource for external consultants to maintain federal and state income tax compliance.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting; CPA required.
- 3-5 years of relevant Tax experience; Big 4 Public Accounting experience required.
- Experience with indirect taxes (sales and use tax) and voluntary disclosure agreement (‘VDA’) process highly preferred.
- Experience in payments and/or SaaS preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels.
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and possesses the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines.
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to, Avalara, Sage Intacct, Stripe, Chargify.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel, required (must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets).
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2837. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2837. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V