Lewis James Professional
Trust Tax Officer
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Trust Tax Officer for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Preparation and filing of the applicable federal estate and state inheritance tax returns. Review wills and trust documents to determine proper tax reporting on estate and inheritance tax returns. Review account and transactional coding to ensure assets, distributions and deductions are all properly reported. Advise trust administrators of tax situations in their estates which could affect the beneficiaries of the estate through post mortem tax planning. Review terminating trusts to ensure all taxes have been paid and prepare remainder inheritance tax return sand generation skipping tax returns if necessary.
- Preparation and filing of income tax returns for trusts, estates, private foundations and partnership returns common trust funds and 099s. Review wills and trust documents to determine if trust accounts have been properly set up for distributions and terminations. Review transactions and coding to identify and correct miscoded transactions. Advise trust administrators of tax situations in their accounts which could affect the beneficiary and owner of the account.
- Work closely with Support Services and the Middle Office to correct, improve and enhance any areas where our groups work overlaps or impacts the other.
- Bachelor Degree or the equivalent experience. Specialty: Accounting.
- 10 or more years Trust tax department or other comparable environment.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2793. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2793. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V