Lewis James Professional
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking an Underwriting Manager for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Supervise Underwriting team that will be analyzing new loan requests and preparing a loan approval memo that meets all SBA/USDA and Bank requirements.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning and assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems.
- Ensure all loan approval documents are in compliance with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Review all loan approval forms for accuracy and consistency and make recommendations for decisioning to the assigned Credit Risk Officer
- Recognize problems and issues, determine root cause, evaluate and considers alternatives and react accordingly
- Hold team members accountable for timely turnaround of quality work, including managing work queue and adjusting as necessary.
- Train team members on a regular ongoing basis to ensure all current requirements of the programs are being met and documented accordingly
- 4+ years experience in underwriting SBA Loans.
- 2+ years experience managing a team.
- Thorough working knowledge of the SBA SOP 50 10 is mandatory.
- USDA business loan program experience preferred but not required.
- BSBA Degree required – Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Broad knowledge of credit risk analysis/underwriting principles, methods, practices and regulatory requirements.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2703. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2703. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V