Lewis James Professional
Digital Accessibility Consultant
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Digital Accessibility Consultant for a direct hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Serve as an internal consultant and subject matter expert on digital accessibility, including WCAG with technology and business groups to ensure compliance with digital accessibility guidelines, standards, and regulations.
- Develop and foster a foundational understanding of the most common accessibility standards and laws within the company and understands how these laws apply to the products and services.
- Partner with multiple internal and external Agile Scrum teams to ensure that digital products meet WCAG Level AA requirements including testing and validating company static and dynamic web properties, applications, and mobile experiences using leading accessibility tools and assistive technologies.
- Communicate and deliver test results to internal Digital team, internal partners, and external vendors while ensuring a focus on remediation.
- Produce complaint code examples to communicate to the business and development stakeholders to show proper remediation and guide towards efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in UX related fields of HCI, Psychology, Graphic Design, Product Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the field of accessibility including experience in guiding and writing test plans, test cases, test scenario for 508 Technical Standards and Sub Technical Standards as per Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) from W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
- 5+ years of experience working Agile design-driven, user-centered technology products and development teams as well as experience testing and troubleshooting with iOS and Android native mobile apps.
- In depth knowledge of accessibility methods and standards: Level A, AA, and AAA conformance of WCAG 2.1, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title I and Title III, Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 Compliance guidelines.
- Conversant with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Development Methodology and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_3513. You may also send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_3513. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V