Lewis James Professional
Wealth Management Director
Lewis James Professional is a woman-owned staff augmentation, project consulting and direct hire search and placement firm. We are currently seeking a Wealth Management Director for a direct-hire opportunity with a financial services client.
- Leads and manages relationship development and sales efforts of the Trust & Investment Services Department, sets department and trust officer business development goals to meet corporate objectives; provides coaching, mentoring, training and monitoring to ensure trust & investment officers effectively execute business development program activities; helps establish and execute team calling strategies to support achievement of department business development goals.
- Develops and recommends Trust & Investment Services policies; formulates, updates and implements programs, procedures, and practices of the Trust & Investment Services Department in alignment with bank objectives; reviews and recommends new trust and investment services and products or the sunsetting of existing products/services in the current suite as appropriate based on profitability goals and business environment. Ensures all major efforts under his/her responsibility are successfully executed efficiently and cost-effectively, achieving the highest quality outcome(s) for the Bank; mitigating risk(s) and minimizing negative impact(s).
- Partners with other bank specialists to provide interdisciplinary expertise to clients when needed. Connects clients across all lines of business at the bank.
- Represents the bank in business activities and contacts with customers, attorneys, and beneficiaries relating to management of trust and investment management accounts; prepares technical proposals for presentation to existing customers and prospects, including individuals and institutions.
- Acquires, expands and retains customer relationships by identifying opportunities, strategizing proactive business development activities, cultivating referral networks, and focusing on viable target markets. Proactively builds and develops quality relationships with peers, subordinates, superiors, vendors, regulators, key contacts – including customers, prospective customers and centers of influence, and other associates and leaders within the community and the state.
- Administers accounts of special significance or with unusual problems; oversees administration of other Trust accounts.
- Reviews and recommends acceptance or rejection of potential fiduciary responsibilities of the Trust Department based on regulatory requirements.
- Oversees and is responsible for the preparation of reports of department activity and progress for the Trust Committee and Board of Directors.
- Keeps informed about the Trust industry, state statute changes, standards, best practices, trends and regulatory changes to ensure compliance with all applicable trust laws, rules, regulations, and practices
- Oversees and is responsible for the compilation of all information required for trust account and investment management, and individual account tax returns.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; ten years trust, investment or wealth management experience in progressively responsible positions; four years management experience. Energetic business builder who thrives and excels in a competitive industry.
- Preferred: MBA, JD, CFA or CFP; experience with and in-depth knowledge of the equity and fixed income markets; fifteen years trust, investment or wealth management experience in progressively responsible positions; six years’ management experience. Proven sales success and strong business acumen. Dynamic and credible professional who communicates with clarity and has exceptional presentations skills.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and working knowledge of sound fiduciary principles required; word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software experience preferred. Demonstrates strong organizational skills and applies a disciplined and organized approach throughout their business.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional and technical journals, complex financial reports, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write complex reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply” and use Job Code BHJOB11837_2613. You may also send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and enter only the following job code in the subject line: BHJOB11837_2613. Lewis James Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V